Hitchhiker hermit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this guy hitched a ride on something I guess and he slaughtered one of my brown hermits for his shell even though there's like a dozen on the tank. I thought he was a white spotted (eeek!) but all those pics show hair and white antennas. He doesn't look like he has hair and he has red antennas and red legs with big claws and whitish blue spots. He's def bigger than my other hermits. Any clues? Sorry the pic sucks.

Attachments

• image-2123552325.jpg
    image-2123552325.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 137
I'm not sure, but I have one too, got mixed in with other hermits, I guess. Dark legs with tiny blue-ish dots. And mine is definitely bigger than the other hermits, and just was noticing couple days ago that I don't seem to have many hermits left. I've never seen this guy hurting anyone, so it could be him or could be the pistol. Not sure. :( Ill be following to see if anyone has a name, though.

Actually might've answered myself. Live aquaria says its a dwarf red tip hermit crab. But it says peaceful. This one def slaughtered my other hermit. Well as long as he leaves my corals alone he can stay. :)

Yeah I figured. He's not bothering anything else and my other hermits are in tiny shells so I think he'll be alright. :) He's kinda cute! And very fast.

Back
Top Bottom