Hitchhiker ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is that! Wow buffy nothing but great luck for you this entire build.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is that! Wow buffy nothing but great luck for you this entire build.

Yep. I can handle it though. I'm tough (after I burst from stress and calm down again LOL. I ain't touching that thing though, I'm not that tough.

Buffy said:
Yep. I can handle it though. I'm tough (after I burst from stress and calm down again LOL. I ain't touching that thing though, I'm not that tough.

Lmao... your so committed, many would have closed up shop and moved back to betta fish by now... great job sticking with it.

@Dary421- See anything there that looks like it? I don't see anything exact but I see resemblances.

Anyone else want to gander at the link that Joy provided and let me know what you think?

It's out of the rock a little more. I still don't want to take it out yet as I'm afraid I'll break it and it will just regrow.

Can you get tweezers and maybe pull it out?

That's what I was going to do, but I don't know how long it is and don't want to break it. I put more food in bucket today to see if it will come out more. I wonder if it will completely come out or just stick out. Any clue if they come completely out?

Maybe I can put some sand in the bucket?

If it's in a bucket, then just try pulling it out with tweezers. If it breaks, then you have to go into last resort and use a lighter and put the flame into it's hole. It will go crazy and jump out(hopefully)

Can you break the rock? Better yet have someone else do it!! I also heard soaking the rock in club soda should make the unwanted critters move out of the rock to get away. Might be an idea....

Buffy said:
@Dary421- See anything there that looks like it? I don't see anything exact but I see resemblances.

Anyone else want to gander at the link that Joy provided and let me know what you think?

It's out of the rock a little more. I still don't want to take it out yet as I'm afraid I'll break it and it will just regrow.

It looks like that 4th picture is the closest match to my eyes,....at least in the picture it has bands on it just like your new addition to your family

More critters

So this piece of rock that has this worm thing has more. As I was looking just now to see if it was out further, I saw 2 more.

1 is barely out don't thing I can get a picture of it. It is very skinny and looks kinda clear, like you could see through it but can't. Reminds me of a thicker piece of hair flying around.

Then another one is just poking out also. It's size (thickness) is in between the other two. Kinda dark but this one looks like it may have "fuzzy" feet. It's not smooth around like the other two. It's not out very far either so don't think I can get a picture of it yet.

Now I'm wondering what's gonna come out of the other 2 pieces of live rock that are in my tank. Haven't seen anything yet.

Ok, so I went back to that link again.

The 2nd one...
If you look under Terebellidae (spaghetti worm), in the 1st row, 3rd picture. It looks like that but not stretched out.

The 3rd one..
If you look uner Oenonids, it looks alot like the 1st one in the 2nd row.

Should I just toss this piece of rock out? I see where there might be 2 more things gonna protrude. All of these are on one side of the rock.

You could soak it in ro water for a while and kill anything on it. The add it as base rock in a month or whenever.

Me, I wouldn't out it in the tank as is. Or the other option is busting the thing open. Safely of course. :)

You could soak it in ro water for a while and kill anything on it. The add it as base rock in a month or whenever.

Me, I wouldn't out it in the tank as is. Or the other option is busting the thing open. Safely of course. :)

It's in just RO water. I don't wanna put it in the tank, I was just wondering if I should bother with the rock since these critters are appearing. Gosh I hope my other 2 rocks are ok. They are almost buried under other rock.

Just take a hammer and smack?

I put mine in a towel and used a pickaxe kinda hammer thing. I got a lot of waste but better than loosing the entire rock. I threw a rock out once that was fully encrusted with aiptasia cause I was too lazy. It's a waste of money to toss it.

Back
Top Bottom