hitchhikers and coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosted_msp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got a lot of coral in one lump from a guys tank. Had a bubble coral crawling with these tiny purple "nudibranches" pick alot off the bubble coral but they keep showing back up.

ForumRunner_20130612_173558.jpg

Two question, what is this ugly coral lol, bright green florescent mouths under actinic and the dark spots shown on them is the nudibranch/ slugs I was talking about.

Should I keep picking them off or leave them?

It's a species of zooanthids keep them. At my LFS we sell those for anywhere from 5-40$ so I'd keep them

Its a big colony, had no color when I got it, but the green mouths colored after a couple days and it looks like the rest is changing too.

Any idea on the slugs?

Also There's all kinds of corals Ive got, but I have no idea what they are. the app for this website always crashes when uploading pics.

Now what about the purple things? If you have ever watched the movie flubber. Aside from the violent bouncing lol, that's exactly how they move. The bubble thin they were on does not look damaged so I'm thinking they are not predatory

I don't see anything purple. I see red planaria though. Common red flatworms. They are a bit of a nuisance.

Pretty good idea, my tank is fishless due to ich. It will give me a little while to eradicate them while my dt and fish recover.

Back
Top Bottom