HOLY! ?? What is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyRhoads

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found a couple of these small slug looking things on some base rock in my saltwater tank, I poked one and it started flashing bright neon colors?! What are these things?? The one I poked maybe had a shell, but it looked similiar to the pics of these other ones I took.
img_2040098_0_f285cb600249affe7510147f0287fc7e.jpg

img_2040098_1_aa571616d79e47ad85c068538b836e72.jpg

img_2040098_2_6efab1dc9d4e5e7a1e6e33afb8cddfa0.png

I also found this thing growing off my LR, looks like a button with a stick growing out of the middle. Anemone or tube worm?
img_2040098_3_b16760f2f0ea5eaf730618d34c3fbfa7.jpg

Stomatella Varia. Think of it as half slug/half snail. Harmless, excellent cleaners, will breed in the tank. The last one, I don't recall the name, but it's a type of worm that secretes a tube. It feeds by throwing out a long thin, nearly invisible sticky string and then eating whatever sticks to it.

Thank you! I also found a clam and in a few places there is this weird white slimey puffy thigns on my LR. Don't know what it is, it's not snail eggs. All harmless for a FOWLR lion/snowflake eel?

Little clam shaped like a mussel, stuck to the rock? Had one. Lasted a couple months. Now, I have small oysters growing on my torch's corallite. White puffy things most likely sponge. Most common is the pineapple sponge, which is shaped like a pineapple. Very creatively named. But there are too many kinds of sponge to even name them all, much less be able to tell apart.
You're unlikely to come across a hitchhiker that could hurt a lion or an eel. Except perhaps a mantis shrimp, and then only once it gets big. But if you had one of those, you'd probably know it by now. LOL

Back
Top Bottom