How many hours of light for my bt anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a bubble tip anemone in my 25 gallon tank. How long should i leave my lights on for it per day? and how do i know if my clown is feeding the krill shrimp to my anemone? Im also not sure if my anemone will survive since i have two 15W florescent bulbs one is the powerlight and one is the marine glow. Is it enough light for my anemone?

Lights should be left on around 8minimum to 14 max. hours a day. 10-12 is the norm. ime. clowns feed anenomes by having food bits on them and those bits falling onto and in the anenome, also clown feces works to help feed the anenome. I would also feed it a little at least once a week. I have a Bubble tip in my 36 reef with 130 watts of pc lighting one actinic and one 10,000k this barely is enough. I have had success for 2 years but the anenome has found itself a place very near the top to take in more light. It is my opinion that u dont have enough light for an anenome as they are very demanding in terms of lighting. Most do not surrvive without MH lighting, or at least plenty of VHO or PC. I would take him back and see if instead u could by some mushroom corals that would flourish much more readily in a low light tank

i have talked to my lfs, they said that it might be ok since i have such small tank and the light is very dense. Meaning my tank light is caved in. But my anemone looks like it is fine for now

it may look fine for now, but it WILL die with that amount of light. Sorry to be negative. It may live for a month or so, but when it dies, it will release toxins that will damage your entire tank.

JMO,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom