Hydroids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Geoooooo! I think that's what they are... Best way to tackle? Read a lot of extreme action online like tear down a tank and start over. Not really an option lol.

Can't really see anything from the picture other than some zoas closed up...can you get a better picture? Have you tried a coral dip to address the issue?

Closer up pic. And no dip yet. Will that take care of them? Do they spread? I'm thinking the Zoas are closed because the hydroids are stinging them...

There are some meds to dose...but I'm not familiar with them and they kill all inverts I believe.
This might be a job for manual removal in some old tank water and tweezers if you can't kalk paste over them.

It's looking like the best way to handle them is to superglue over them... Unfortunately they're on a zoa frag plug, well I guess it's kind of fortunate that they're not on a live rock. I'm most likely going to remove the zoas completely. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, however. The hydroids will sting them and I can't get to the hydroids without destroying zoas... Lose lose.

You could cut the part off the plug with the hydroids on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom