I have a hitchhiker should I get rid of it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcdrichj

Aquarium Advice Regular
This just showed up in my tank and I don't know what it is... please help. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1449018492181.jpg
    1449018492181.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 108
  • 1449018519436.jpg
    1449018519436.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 110
Looks like a nudibranch.
Some are ok ,many look like what they eat(your coral).
Try to drop a glass over it so you don't lose it until some one else chimes in??

Im going with CB on this one, Nudibranch, you can see his head and eyes, with Chitons, you can't. To be safe, I'd get rid of it.

I think I know what they are and my system is literally crawling with these guys.
They are not a nudibranch, they are stomatella snails and are actually desirable in the tank as cleaners and a supplemental food source for some critters.
ReefCorner | Stomatella
let them be, they are more help than harm.

I think I know what they are and my system is literally crawling with these guys.
They are not a nudibranch, they are stomatella snails and are actually desirable in the tank as cleaners and a supplemental food source for some critters.
ReefCorner | Stomatella
let them be, they are more help than harm.

+1 I agree with PB

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Stomatella Snail: Its your choice to call bro, its in your tank, you make the call. Pics are tougher to see. I don't see the secondary portion of the sail for it to be a Stomatella.

100 % a Stomatella snail excellent free clean up crew I have quite a few in my reef great workers In my opinion :)

Thanks guys I let it free it is a stomatella looks just like those pictures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom