Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-03-2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have identified this 'shroom(I think), but I can't find in

Well, heres a link to the picture, its pretty neat. Its about the size of a button. Has a single mouth in the middle, and folds up at night. Can you guys help me find the real name for it, I'd like to see if I can encourage its growth.

http://www.aquariumarts.com/limegreenfuzzymushroom.html

Thanks,
Matt

**OH**

Also, I think I might have an outbreak of Aiptasia, but I don't know, I looked it up on the net and I can't find any pictures that resemble it. The closest thing is that of a bubble-tip anemone, but these area a drab orangeish/brown with what look like little condoms (sorry, but they really do!) as the extentions. Could you guys maybe help me with some pics of those as well?

Thanks again,
Matt

Old 10-03-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

The BTA looking this is majano anemone. A pset get rid of ASAP becasue the spread. Do not just pull them off either I hear they spread this way. I use kalk paste in a syring and drop a small ball into the mouth.... it dies after eating the kalk..

TANK PICS https://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion, but what does BTA mean? And did you happen to look at the picture? What is the common, or scientific name for that little dude?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com