I have identified this 'shroom(I think), but I can't find in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, heres a link to the picture, its pretty neat. Its about the size of a button. Has a single mouth in the middle, and folds up at night. Can you guys help me find the real name for it, I'd like to see if I can encourage its growth.

http://www.aquariumarts.com/limegreenfuzzymushroom.html

Thanks,
Matt

**OH**

Also, I think I might have an outbreak of Aiptasia, but I don't know, I looked it up on the net and I can't find any pictures that resemble it. The closest thing is that of a bubble-tip anemone, but these area a drab orangeish/brown with what look like little condoms (sorry, but they really do!) as the extentions. Could you guys maybe help me with some pics of those as well?

Thanks again,
Matt

The BTA looking this is majano anemone. A pset get rid of ASAP becasue the spread. Do not just pull them off either I hear they spread this way. I use kalk paste in a syring and drop a small ball into the mouth.... it dies after eating the kalk..

Thanks for the suggestion, but what does BTA mean? And did you happen to look at the picture? What is the common, or scientific name for that little dude?

Back
Top Bottom