ID again please is you would....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like an LTA but I see the tips on the ends of the "tentacles" too, so I'm going to guess a Condy, but I'd wait for another post from someone else. :)

I'm also going to move this to the ID forum.

yeah but I didnt think clowns would live in Condys, and when I got him there was a maroon in him... I felt bad causeI robbed his home :( but at the time I had a marron and he needed a home.... but then runnie died due to stress before I got the anemone home.... and then my boyfriend said he would get me the BFC which i'm in love with..... but he wont go near it... does any one know what the BFC will live in?

Clowns are clowns, sometimes they won't host anything or will host phs, corals, sand.

BFC...Black false clown. Do you mean Black False Perculas, so a Black Ocellaris? O. clowns will host many things. You are right, not many things will host Condy anemones, but only a few host LTA's too, and the O. clown isn't one of them, I don't think.

Looks like a LTA to me and lots of clowns will get comfy with one.

Devilishturtles said:
BFC...Black false clown. Do you mean Black False Perculas, so a Black Ocellaris? O. clowns will host many things. You are right, not many things will host Condy anemones, but only a few host LTA's too, and the O. clown isn't one of them, I don't think.

My current black perc used to live among a LTA before I got her and she now calls a sebae home. My LTA houses a hostile pair of gold stripe maroons (although the male bounces back and forth between the LTA and a BTA). I guess my point is, I don't put alot of stock into what they are "supposed" to like, most clowns will host whatever is available be it an anemone, coral, equipment, etc. Or some, like my false percs, prefer to hole up in a cave as opposed to bothering with any type of anemone or coral. (confused yet? lol )

Boykin said:
yeah but I didnt think clowns would live in Condys, and when I got him there was a maroon in him... I felt bad causeI robbed his home but at the time I had a marron and he needed a home.... but then runnie died due to stress before I got the anemone home.... and then my boyfriend said he would get me the BFC which i'm in love with..... but he wont go near it... does any one know what the BFC will live in?

Sometimes they just need time. Sometimes no matter how much time you give, they just aren't gonna care or be interested. An anemone is not a necessity in keeping clowns. You really shouldn't buy an anemone or a clownfish with any preconceived ideas on how it will behave. Alot of times you will be disappointed. But, both critters are awesome in their own right and should be enjoyed as separate critters, not one.

Oh, also I just had a look at your tank info. You've put this LTA into a 20g tank? If so, I want to warn you that in a few months time, it is going to dominate your tank. LTA's get to a good size and really like to stretch out. Mine is about two years old and when opened spans a good 13" in diameter.

Bleaching?

hes a Black Ocellaris and if the anemone is a LTA... but we are working on the 120gl for our reef I just couldnt wait to have fish :) so they went to the 20gl for now.....

hey I think my LTA(?) is bleaching he has the brown goo... I think I might have gone over this before.... what could be causing it?

LTA all the way....I have one and its about 8" spread out....

Brown goo? Is it coming out of it's mouth? Like waste? What kind of lighting do you have? Also the LTA likes to plant its foot in a soft sand bottom your substrate may be a bit tough for it.

Yeah its coming out of its mouth.... I just got some sand that we are going to put in there... he wouldnt ever stick to the bottom but he would cling to the rock a lil but I am working on fixing the substrate thing we have "coralife" 2 compact fluorescent( 1; 65 watt actinic -1; 65 watt 10000k)

thanks for that ID... there was something else I was going to ask but I dont remember right now so I will get back with it......

Sounds like your doing things a bit backwards. If the anemone is expelling zooxanthellae, then it is stressed. Either from the move, water conditions, lighting, just not happy with the tank (lack of sand), or all the above. I would see if the lfs will hold the anemone for you til your tank is ready for it. Your tank info says the 20g is new. Anemones shouldn't even be attempted til the tank is set up and stable for a few months (6-12). These are hardy anemones but they are sensitive to their environment and changes within it. Please consider returning it til your tank is ready. Being jostled around isn't good for it either but it will have a better chance of recovery in a tank that meets it's requirements. This may save you and the anemone alot of stress and heart ache. Without a proper environment, your anemone may not recover. What type of lights do you have? How long has the tank been set up?

I totally agree with Cindy on that! I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that this was a new tank. Yeah, at least 6 months with good stable water conditions and the wait a bit longer. I love my LTA but I only just put it in there about 2 months ago, and I have a much larger then 20g tank, my fuge is 20g.

yeah I have been know to do things backwords.... I will check to see, I do have a good relationsship with the guys and once again the twenty long is only a temp. tank with good water cond. while we get the one twenty ready. this lights are "coralife" 2 compact fluorescent( 1; 65 watt actinic -1; 65 watt 10000k)

Back
Top Bottom