ID for me please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
not the best pics, but will have to live with them for now

1. have had it for >1month, can't find out what this sps is or what the algae is

2. a freebie from lfs

3. unknown zoa pt1

4. unknown zoa pt2

First is idk, it's to hard to tell in the picture. Second looks to be brown montipora digitata. Third looks to be radioactive dragon eyes and whammin watermelons and the fourth don't look like they are a named variety. I'd try and get your nutrients in control and the color on those sps should come back. What lighting are you running?

First is idk, it's to hard to tell in the picture. Second looks to be brown montipora digitata. Third looks to be radioactive dragon eyes and whammin watermelons and the fourth don't look like they are a named variety. I'd try and get your nutrients in control and the color on those sps should come back. What lighting are you running?

2white 2actinic T5HO. i have no algae problem. the algae you see on the sps coral came with the frag and it's been months since i placed it in the tank and it has not grown or spread over the tank.

2white 2actinic T5HO. i have no algae problem. the algae you see on the sps coral came with the frag and it's been months since i placed it in the tank and it has not grown or spread over the tank.

The brown on the sps was why i said nutrient control but it may be your lights if the frags are acros. Like I said I can't really tell from the pic and sps can be kinda hard to identify.

The brown on the sps was why i said nutrient control but it may be your lights if the frags are acros. Like I said I can't really tell from the pic and sps can be kinda hard to identify.

the first sps came from a reputable local reefer who cleared out her tank due to baby on the way and i got it for free. the second sps came from a lfs that has a immaculate frag tank with Radion pro installed. both sps look the same as the day i got them with some growth over them, therefore the light shouldn't be a major concern. furthermore, they're placed on the top of the live rock where they could get the most light. just need to ID them and go from there.

Gotcha well the second is definitely digitata but im not sure on the first. Good luck with them

Back
Top Bottom