ID Help please, acclimating now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennyLynn9579

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I just picked up a handful of frags, and when I put them in the acclimating bucket, I noticed 3-4 wormy looking things, about 1 cm long, with a fan on one end, but flexible along the whole body, not retreating into a tube when I poke... Brown in color. Hope the picture helps, it's only my iPad. Going to dip these in a little while, so wondering if I should nuke these things or rescue them. Thanks!!

Attachments

• image-3284361160.jpg
    image-3284361160.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2660310728.jpg
    image-2660310728.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 75
worms with fans are feather dusters. harmless. depending on what you are dipping in, they probably won't survive.

Thanks, Mr X, i was hoping you would see this post! Well right now they're just acclimating to tank water, I am going to finish and move to coralRX, but the dusters are loose, so theoretically I could snag them and do... What? Just drop them into the tank and wish them good luck lol?

did you scrape them off? can you take a picture of them?
coral RX will definitely kill pretty much everything. i believe it's nothing more than pine oil! effective, none the less.

I put them in the coralRX, they hung on a couple minutes but didn't make it... I got a pic of it free from the plug... Even if it was just a duster, better safe than sorry.

Attachments

• image-3662885438.jpg
    image-3662885438.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom