ID mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schgred

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone ID these mushrooms? I just got them this week.

Also let me know how they look to you. I'm afraid they may be getting too much light. They has definitely opened up a lot but I want to make sure I don't give them too much light.

Attachments

• image-3059706059.jpg
    image-3059706059.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 151
I would say they are Rhodactis, but not R. indonesiensis. The pseudotentacles aren't long enough. They look pretty happy now, but could be larger I think. You might try a little bit lower in the tank. It could be too much flow as well. It doesn't necessarily mean they are unhappy, just that they aren't extended to their full potential.

I would say they are Rhodactis, but not R. indonesiensis. The pseudotentacles aren't long enough. They look pretty happy now, but could be larger I think. You might try a little bit lower in the tank. It could be too much flow as well. It doesn't necessarily mean they are unhappy, just that they aren't extended to their full potential.

The mushrooms have only been in my tank for a few days. Previously they were in a tank that had really minimal lighting.

I moved them down just a bit.

They look more like the rhodactis indonesiensis than the bullseye mushroom but I definitely see that the pseudotentacles look too small. They do glow under the actinic lighting.

To follow up on these mushrooms... What should i expect as far as growth and multiplication? Will they only get so big and then stop growing? If so, how large will these get? If they reproduce/multiply how long will it take to multiply and how often should I expect this?

That depends on a large number of factors. Light, flow, nutrient availability being the top three that come to mind. If they are in a spot they like, and their needs are being met they will grow until they hit the maximum size for each polyp. Then they will start trying to spread out. If light or flow aren't the best they will still grow, but they will move around while doing it, possibly leaving little copies of themselves behind as they go. If the first two needs are met, but nutrients are in short supply they will live fine, but not grow or reproduce.

They have a very broad acceptance of different light levels, but seem to prefer low lighting. Most are easy to grow.

Attachments

• image-2264740250.jpg
    image-2264740250.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom