ID on a leather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caybrook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Picked this coral up at the Lfs yesterday for $40, it even has a few different zoas on the base. I felt this was a steal and almost got into a fist fight with a guy who noticed it just as I had purchased it.

Any idea what kind of leather it is? I have tried searching myself and can't find a positive ID. any info you can give me on it would be great as well. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390232601.355322.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390232612.137033.jpg

Thanks guys

looks like a toadstool. the base needs to be a rock or something it can grow on. I have a huge one

It seems to have shrunken since I brought it home. Is this normal? I checked water and everything is fine with only the PH being on the slight low side.

It seems to have shrunken since I brought it home. Is this normal? I checked water and everything is fine with only the PH being on the slight low side.

Soft corals, like your mushroom leather, shrink and deflate when stressed. Moving to a new tank is stressful. I would look for him to perk back up in about a days time. Keep in mind for the future that this is typical behavior and that they 'shed' a layer of 'skin' off once and awhile.

Ok. Good to know. It has been releasing a brownish film for a day now so I am hoping that is what's happening.

Back
Top Bottom