ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffy

Aquarium Advice Addict
At first I didn't think anything bout these but they seem to be coming out further and further from the rock, and appear to be getting bigger. The rocks they are on are a good size and are going to the bottom but I'd like to id before I bury the rock. I have not seen any movement from either of these.

The first 2 pictures, it wasn't there from the beginning, it appeared last week. The 2nd 2 pictures, the shell I've always seen but could barely see it before, just the "opening with a little more shelll was visible" now it's almost completely out. I have not seen anything in it nor has it opened any further. Thank you.

I believe it`s what is called a turkey wing clam. Do you see anything come out of it.

Just clams by looks of it they maybe dead..best thing to do is sweep your hand by them see if they close.. create a shadow in front of it..if it closes they are alive if not they are just shells..

The green one doesn't do anything. I went to look for the other one this morning and it wasn't there.

I have not seen anything come out of them yet. The green one's "mouth" has never opened any farther than it shows right now. The top one however didn't have a "mouth" when it first started coming out.

I'll go check now and see if there have been any changes today or if the top one reappeared. This morning was the first time he was not showing.

Ok, the green one doesn't move at all, not even when I touch it (with a zip tie lol), I open it's "mouth" it stayed, I closed it, it stayed, so that one must be an empty shell.

However, the other one is no where to be seen, I can't tell if he's in his home or or not cause he blends so well. It looks like it but am not sure.

My tag a long clams move around on the rock, so one day they will be there, and the next I have to find them. Once they find a place they like, they stop moving.

K thanks, I thought I saw the top guy up there starting to poke out again but am not sure. I've been trying to get the rock settled so I pretend he's not there so I can move the rock. If he's there he'll come out eventually maybe.

Back
Top Bottom