Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonb87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This came with my tank and was told it was a green tip anenome. If thats the case it seems bleached to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409614468165.jpg
    1409614468165.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 153
Thats what i thought too. My trates are high just did a water change and working on bringing them down. My temp was about 81 i added some fans and getting the temp down a few degrees. Ill go from there i guess

I will add he is eating well and will eat froze Foods and pellets bought my set up from a friend that was moving and just trying to get everything right

Cut back on the feeding too, that's just going to add to your nitrate problems.

Nitrates are at 30. Guy i got the tank from didnt do many water changes. Using a fluval led 48-60" dont know the wattage off hand but looking into it now

He hasnt moved from that spot since i have had it

Ok 2 things, first 30 ppm is way past lethal to nems and that should be your first priority, 5ppm is pretty much max for nems IMO and 2-3 is ideal. Second the light your using is no where near powerful enough for a nem, maxed out at softies and maybe some lps. A more powerful/efficient fixture is going to be needed if you plan on keeping the more light demanding inverts like this.wed be happy to point you in the direction of a better light if you'd like, just ask :)

I actually have a 135g tank in the garage in transferring into soon. And planned on lighting upgrades at that time.
The guy i got the tank from bought the nem like this. Its been in the tank almost a year just like this. In the new tank we do want a tequila sunrise nem, what route should we go with lighting? If need be i can get the lightning next and put it on this tank till the swap. Also have hammer,frag spawn,torch,duncan and sone button, pulseing xenia corals, picking up some zoas soon

I would really advise that you allow the e tank to settle before you add any more stock. At the very least get the nitrates under control. Otherwise you are just risking losing more coral.

This tank has been running almost a year and a half. Im not adding more stock to this tank. I havent lost any livestock either since we moved it fron his house to mine. Currently doing weekly water changes and working on getting the nitrates down

Been looking at lights. What wattage range should i be looking for? Would also like more corals of all different types and a rainbow nem.
Would like something i can put on my 55 gallon for the time being while im getting my 135g set up

Nitrates are at 1ppm. He eats well when u feed him. Running 2 full spectrum 120w leds . he keeps moving to the shade now. His tips are bubbled. Any sugestions . he has hot greened up

Back
Top Bottom