Id please Is this a snail with no shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rscomia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive seen this guy a couple times in my tank it looks like and acts just like a snail with no shell Is this even possible? It is in the center of the pic

Attachments

• 2011-06-09 19.52.28.jpg
    2011-06-09 19.52.28.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 236
No shell at all or just kind of a shell? I have a hitchhiker abalone and it just has a shell cover on its back.

It kinda reminds me of a very small turlte in shape but if it has a shell it looks like a soft one I noticed when a fish would swim by it was like it pulled its head in like a turtle

I dunno I'm thinking sea hare or abalone just because I can't really tell from the pic. Would be easier if it wasn't so danged blue lol.

Yeah I know but it seems like this is the only time I see it is after my halides go off It has to be a hitchhiker

My tiny abalone usually hides in cracks during the day and comes out at night, could be what you have. It's likely a beneficial algae/detritus eater no matter what it is.

Kinda looks like an abalone to me too.

abalone.jpg

Does it look like this?

My tiny abalone usually hides in cracks during the day and comes out at night, could be what you have. It's likely a beneficial algae/detritus eater no matter what it is.
Yes I have noticed that is all it seems to be doing is eating algae It is not harmful to any coral is it?

Back
Top Bottom