ID please ... new tank ... white discs! w/pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank has been up for about 5 days now, and I have noticed these little white discs with purple centers moving around. I don't actually see them move, but I take note of where they were and where they are now!

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• p5240727.jpg
    p5240727.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 61
  • p5240729.jpg
    p5240729.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 62
  • p5240730.jpg
    p5240730.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 87
These things have moved again, there was three on the rocks and now there is two ... one is stuck to the back of the tank now, and the other two are slowly inching toward the top of the rock???

Anyone have ANY ideas?

The only thing that comes to mind is a species of sand dollar or possibley a type of benthic foraminiferan although I don't think they get that large :?:

Cheers
Steve

I was thinking a species of sand dollar too, but searched for three hours last night on the net and couldn't find anything similar too these. Maybe they are juvenile and will end up changin color!

Oh well they are cool none the less, really the only thing I have in my tank that moves!!! Hopefully they will live through the cycle?

Jermz79 said:
Hopefully they will live through the cycle?
No way of telling, truth is it will most likely not survive long even if you take all the care possible. They (if a sand dollar) feed primarily on crustacean larvae and copepods.

Cheers
Steve

Hmmmmmm ..... too bad because they are cool!

I have been searching all day for something that looks like them and can't find anything?????

Still Stumped!

Back
Top Bottom