ID Soft Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yetee

Aquarium Advice Activist
16461-albums389-picture5134.jpg

Just wondering what this might be. It just started to show up in my tank on a rock that has been in there for well over 3 years. dont mind the aptasia it is getting taken care of.
Thanks

it does look like a monti, but it is soft and the reason it is blurry is because it is moving in the current. I dont think it is coraline because it is soft. to give you a better idea it is florecent orange around the edges and is a deep red/purple in the middle. I am pretty sure its not a mushroom because it doesnt have a central disc. the best way to describe it is a soft monti cap. haha

ah ok i will look to see if I can find a macro that looks like it. I will try and get a better picture to see if its something else. it seems too thick and leathery to be a macro. at first I thought it was a lettuce leather but I have never seen one that is that bright.

Trust me, they come in all sizes, thickness and color. Generally if you have a tank up and running and things like that sprout up, they tend to be macros. You can keep it there and trim it if it gets out of hand. They thrive off of excess nutrient.

yeah out of all the macros I have looked at that appears to be the closest. although those appear to be rounder than mine. mine has growths on it that look almost like moose antlers around the edges. I am still looking through photos to see if I can find a match.

Back
Top Bottom