ID stoney coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not sure what this is, it was an ORA frag and it was sold to the LFS as a birdsnest coral. When I think birdsnest, I think Seriatapora hystrix, this ain't it. It sorta reminds me of Anacropora, but then again it doesn't...

DSCN5822.jpg

That for sure isnt a Birdsnest.. Looks something like an Acro of some sorts.. Definetly not a Birdsnest Growth pattern is completely wrong for that..

James

The coral has been ID'd as an Elkhorn Montipora (M. hirsuta) ;) You can't see it in mine, but the pic that I saw, it looks like what a cap would look like if it branched instread of plated 8O

The coral has been ID'd as an Elkhorn Montipora (M. hirsuta)
Thats where I saw that before LOL... I knew it looked Familiar but I couldnt remember where..

James

yeah they are, I got the exact same stuff from my last ORA order, they were on special. How much did you pay for that frag.

I didn't pay anything for that frag, I got it in trade, it was marked for 39.99. It's very cool ;)

You should look at trying to get one of their green and purple tort frags, the LFS wouldn't sell me their, said ORA only sends out like two frags per month, they are trying to grow it out and frag it themselves. The frag I saw was about 3" and would have been 50.00 retail, but it was bad to the bone ;)

Back
Top Bottom