Id this small black thing, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midnighttang

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just found this on my zoas. What in the world is it? Will I keep finding hitchhikers for the rest of my life?

Attachments

• image-3444378285.jpg
    image-3444378285.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 122
Can't be bad, can it? I've never heard of a snail that wasn't reef safe. I could be totally wrong about that, though.

Midnighttang said:
Can't be bad, can it? I've never heard of a snail that wasn't reef safe. I could be totally wrong about that, though.

It very well could be a carnivorous snail. There are plenty that aren't reef safe and some that are downright deadly to humans. Observe it's behavior, if you or someone can't ID It and determine whether to remove them.

You could always pop him in the refugium if you have one. Shouldn't cause much mischief there while you try to ID him.

No refugium, but I have a qt tank that I could pop it in. I probably would have done that if I could have gotten to it quick enough. After I snapped the picture, it disappeared. I'll search for it again when I get home.

Well, I got it out and put it in the qt tank. It appeared to be living in the zoanthid.

Attachments

• image-70157313.jpg
    image-70157313.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 102
Sniperhank said:
Hm, well glad you got it out...looks like a stomatella snail though.

Kinda looks like a mollusk if so their safe

Back
Top Bottom