Identification help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markhub81

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This started to grow 2 months after I put the live rock in the tank. Now there are 3 more growing. Don't know if I have to take it out

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121229_222724.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121229_222724.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20121229_222738.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121229_222738.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 109
Looks like aiptasia to me. I would get it out as soon as possible

+1 on that.

Apstaisa X, Joes juice even boil lemon juice and use a syringe to blast that sucker into kingdom come.

Seriously, get now before it spreads.

If you can remove the rock then just take the rock out and hit it that way.

I have the same things in my tank do some research on them DO NOT TRY TO PULL THEM OFF it will just cause some more to grow. I suggest to get one or two peppermint shrimp they naturally eat them you can try a commercial product to get rid of them but it's not a guarantee.

In my experience peppermint aren't a guarantee either. When I had a battle with that and majano the only thing that worked was A/X and boiled lemon juice in a syringe and GOOD BYE!!

Never saw them again. I have a thread about it of you look into profile. It's pretty good and entertaining as well. The shrimp walked right over it, NEVER touched it.

Good luck.

IMO the peppermint will eat the small ones first and get the ones you cant see. I'd nuke the big ones with something like Joe's Juice.

^^^^ this is sound advice. Go get some shrimp and Joe's juice and go to battle.

Again good luck

Believe it or not, a tank I maintain was starting to get out of control with Aptasia, and I had no way of being able to kill them manually, due to limited access. I tried a half dozen peppermint shrimp and they wiped out about 30 anemones in 3 days. They even ate some giant ones.
I'm with everyone else that I believe you should manually kill them and not gamble, but if you can't reach them, it's worth a shot.

Just make sure you are actually buying Peppermint Shrimp and not Camelback Shrimp. They look somewhat similar and the latter is a predator of corals.

Back
Top Bottom