Identification?? please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkelly13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I'm the owner of a 65g hexagon aquarium with live rock, shrimp, assorted clownfish, and green chromis. I was observing my tank one day and found something growing that sort of looks like an anenome... I purchased this tank from another aquarist several months ago and I believe he had kept coral at one point in time. Could there be some possibility if it is a growing remnant of coral/ anenome?

Attachments

• tankpic.jpg
    tankpic.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 105
Aiptasia pest anemone. Kill it now before it spreads. Don't cut or scrape it off. Use a syringe and Squirt the mouth/disc area with kalk paste or lemon juice. Then plunge the syringe in the tube and squirt some more. Then cover the whole thing in the same solution.

and also to note, I don't have any other corals in the tank; although, i do have it in mid for the future.

If you plan on having corals certainly kill it now. They reproduce quickly. They can sting and kill corals. Very difficult to get rid of once they start spreading.

Is it harmful to the fish themselves? And could you also provide more removal explanations and guides?

probably won't harm your fish.

I posted this on local reef club's forum:
"Shrimp(peppermint) are hit and miss. Copperband will eat them but depending on tank size and what fish you have it may get bullied to death before it gets a chance. Nudibranch that eat only glass anemones will eat them and then starve to death. Just use lemon juice or kalk paste with any type of syringe. Squirt some on the mouth first to trap spores inside or kill as being expelled. Then squirt every part you can see..."

Don't consider the Copperband as your tank is too small.

Back
Top Bottom