Identity help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeYQM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been searching for an ID on this. Pretty small, short stocky base with skinny translucent tentacles. The tentacle tip is colored. Any ideas? I tried to silhouette it on top of the rock.

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• image-2130388036.jpg
    image-2130388036.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 340
It might have balls in the tip, hard to tell bet the tips are a noticeably opaque Colour compared to the tentacle.

From what I am able to see it does not look like aiptasia. It looks to me like the base of it is orange... am I right? Google ball tip anemone and see if they match up at all. There are several different kinds, I have some in my tank and I love them ;)

Follow up with updated pics. Any help? They are growing slowly, but doesn't seem to be anymore than a month ago.

Attachments

• image-2508374924.jpg
    image-2508374924.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 162
  • image-1573565842.jpg
    image-1573565842.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 150
  • image-435380729.jpg
    image-435380729.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 151
looks like those tiny feather dusters that usualy pop up everywhere in a mature tank
they are good :)

Definitely not a feather duster. I don't think it's a majano or aiptasia, as I've had majanos in my tank and they don't really look like that. Some sort of nem most likely though.

Shucks...I just got a piece of live rock today and after I turned out the lights, I noticed 5-6 of these all different sizes!!! That sucks, because they get pretty big and eventually will eat small fish and inverts. The balls on the end are sticky and thats how they catch their food :( Now I have to sacrifices a rock...dang it!

Did you keep yours?

that's not the type we get in our systems. the ones you have are fine. don't bother removing the rock. they won't hurt anything.

Back
Top Bottom