Id's Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marklab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I turned on the light this morning and say a bunch of white worms (Moving really fast) crawling on my LR. They seemed to run and hide after a bit. Also it seemed like my hermit was chasing after them. Never seen him move so fast. They are about 5mm long. Does anyone know what these are?

Also, There was a tiny shell moving on the same LR. Lind of looked like a hermit or a snail. It was so small I could hardly see it. I do have 3 Turbo Snails in the tank. Could it be a baby? Smaller than a BB.

One more ? I will attach a picture. There seems to be something alive in a hole of my LR. It looks just like the rock but I saw it moving a few times. It has a verticle split down the middle of it's "shell?". It opened it and closed it several times. Now it is sitting there motionless. Does anyone have a clue as to what this might be. Should I try to get it out?

Thanks,
Mark

sounds like spagehtti worms.

the small snail might just be that, a small snail. i got a few on my live rock. also a couple of small conchs

the description of the third sounds like a clam. i also got several of those on my live rock also

steve r

Could also be baby bristle worms. I've seen some in my tank small white and quick at first. Eventully they'll get a bit little slower and start to get color.

Today when I turned the light on I payed a little more attention to the worms. I saw one dart across the back of my rock. About 2 cm long and kind of brown in color. Then I also saw one on the substrate for a sec that was slightly brown and a little shorter.

If it is Bristle worms, Is that bad?

Mark

Got a picture of it open. Is it most likely a clam?

Does anyone have any advice on the worms?

I've changed my position on this. I'm am trying to get rid of all bristle worms. They seem to be reproducing rather quickly, as I've notice that there is a lot more rock debris recently.

As well, I see that they have made a home next to some coral. The corals haven't been doing to well lately. I'm thinking that they might be contributing to that.

I bought a trap for them. Anyone have any other suggestions or advise?

Back
Top Bottom