Intruder ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Too small to get a pic but can describe it perfectly. Flat, square and green with a small red dot and a tubular appendage just in front of the dot. They move slowly like a slug. My tank inhabitants don't seem to eat them. Snails, cleaner shrimp, Clown and clown goby. They're everywhere. Any ideas on what site I should be looking to help ID these things. They don't seem to be hurting anything other then my eyes

Yeh maybe. What's strange is their perfectly square shape. Unlike any flatworms I've seen pics of

Actually found similar creatures on a flatworms site, so thanks! Now for getting rid of these little pests without killing everything else

Thanks slitherbomb. I'll send u a few. They look real pretty. Nice addition to any SW aquarium

I was kidding. Actually these things multiply rapidly. Cover rock glass quickly. Expensive to get rid of. But the solution most tank friendly is a sea slug. blue velvet nudi. Unfortunately after they eat all the worms. They expire for lack of food. Maybe I can lease him out to others with the Flatworm problem. Or maybe my local LFS will buy him off of me. No local stores carry them and had to b special ordered

Crabs said:
I was kidding. Actually these things multiply rapidly. Cover rock glass quickly. Expensive to get rid of. But the solution most tank friendly is a sea slug. blue velvet nudi. Unfortunately after they eat all the worms. They expire for lack of food. Maybe I can lease him out to others with the Flatworm problem. Or maybe my local LFS will buy him off of me. No local stores carry them and had to b special ordered

Lol. I don't think a sea slug would eat all the flatworms before they can multiply unless you buy multiple ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm guessing u don't know anything about this slug. Right lol

1 other thing. I wouldn't mind the flatworms as long as they could be controlled by this slug. It's cool looking and hope it lives awhile. The flatworms aren't detrimental to my tank. There's just more of them than I care to see

Yeh, there's a few fish that may or may not eat them. I'm going with the sure bet. The BlueVelvet Nudibranch goes thru them like a vacuum cleaner. U can c em in action on u tube. They're just hard to get sometimes. I was lucky I found a place that sold em

Got my Blue Velvet Nudibranch yesterday. It's feasting as I'm writing this

Anyone with a flatworm infestation would be extremely happy with the way this slug deals with the problem.

No. They're not exactly fast. But they're 100x bigger and therefore able to overtake the slow moving flatworm

Flatworm exit Didnt touch it ?
I sure could use that nudibranch ^.^

I didn't try the Exit. I read too many negatives on that product. I'm sure it would have been cheaper. And those freshwater dips sounded risky as well. I gambled on the Nudi and chose ccorrectly for a change

when that thing dies from starvation it might have the same effect as flatworm exit used incorrectly could. i would be lining up a local reef keeper who needs it now, so as soon as your issue is corrected, you can pass him on.

Back
Top Bottom