Is all this green good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muzzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, tank has been running for about 6 weeks and this green sea has just gone mad. I hope it just means my tank is doing really well, but I have concerns that this may just take over. Do I leave it or cut it back? Any thoughts very welcome.

Attachments

• image-3062265105.jpg
    image-3062265105.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 155
It's macroalgae that probably came on the rock. I see nuisance algae on the back wall and rock and cyano on the sand which means you have some phosphates and nitrates so if you want to get rid of those try finding the source of it (what's in your water, excess feeding, etc).

It's likely from high nitrates I would keep it until u can get the issue fixed and then u can trim it back or get sumthing that will do it for u

Thankyou for your advice. I got straight to work on it, changed and added a little extra rowaphos and changed carbon. I am going to do small regular water changes and will try to syphon some algae out. Hopefully get this under control.

First thing is to find the cause of the nutrients feeding the algae. Most common cause is over feeding leering to high nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom