Is it a polyp???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlonelyCody

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK have a question, I have a peace of LR that I got a few weeks ago and there is a few polyps on it. A few days ago I noticed that there was another tiny polyp on it, but it moves. It has moved close to an inch since thismornig. Do polyps do this or is it something else.

I cant get a pic that shows anything I have a retarded cam. ):

Thank you any help would be great :?

hard to describe. it is kind of a rust color. and looks almost identical to a polyp. but it moves and it has the same looking mouth but it doesn't close up the same way the (unsure what the actual name is) but the fingers donut go inside and the it doesn't close up, the fingers look like a polyp but at the ends there are a little ball, it gets larger. the whole thing is about 1/4 inch tall and 1/8 inch wide. was wondering if it could be aptasia i have seen aptasia before and this really doesn't look like it but it is really small and it might be. but does aptasia move around? i wish i had better cam. AHHH (frustrated)

:?

the tips move around but not like my polyps and it doesn't close up...yes the base moves...the part that is connected to the LR.

My aptasias wandered a bit. The little ones could look a bit like polyps from the coral that you got. I had two really big ones. One day it was sitting on top of the rock and the next day it had wandered down to another part of the rock on the back. The second one moved from one rock onto another rock! Since they're anenomes they can move.

HUmmm...from what i have researched that is what i think it is. but still not positive, so i will keep searching. (O:

Thank you all
(O:

As far as aiptasia moving, I've had several move all over the tank. I have one that's been wandering all over the glass for weeks. It even got onto a turbo snail's shell for a while.

Back
Top Bottom