Is this a torch coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alink708

Aquarium Advice Activist
I ordered some Zoa's on ebay and this came with them by mistake. I sent the guy an email asking him about it...what it was,what it needs and if he wants a few bucks for it. His only response was " I accidently put it in with your order,my loss your gain".
Does anyone know what it is? How do I take care of it? Can my tank support it?
Is it safe to keep with zoa's mushrooms, cleaning crew and fish?
Thanks.

Its a 14g biocube btw
1 hectors goby
1 tail spot

Attachments

• 2011-10-15 19.26.54 - Copy.jpg
    2011-10-15 19.26.54 - Copy.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 132
  • 2011-10-14 19.53.42 - Copy.jpg
    2011-10-14 19.53.42 - Copy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 118
How long are the tentacles? It could be a galaxia coral or even a frogspawn, it looks like a lot of little heads instead of a couple of big ones. If it is a galaxia is very aggressive and sends out stingers.

The longest I have seen them out is around 2 1/2-3 inches. I read frogspawn has multiple nubs on the tentacles...this only has 1 nub on each

Keep torches with space. They will win a lot of fights against other coral.

This is mine. Does it look like this when they are extended.

100_1896.jpg

No it doesnt extend all like that. Looks just like the pic I posted when its extended,at night theres maybe a dozen more tentacles out but never the whole thing

I read they are pretty agressive and I only have a biocube 14. I agree its really nice though!

just keep corals a couple inches away. when you end up filling the tank and are out of room, think about whether you can part with it or not.

Back
Top Bottom