Is this aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drillsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if this is aiptasia? I know pic kind of stinks was done by a cell phone.

Attachments

• picture0151.jpg
    picture0151.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 53
  • picture0151.jpg
    picture0151.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 78
Dont know why pic didnt show up here it is again..

Attachments

• picture0151_183.jpg
    picture0151_183.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 49
I can see pictures, but i cant get a clear enough view to see anything there..maybe someone else will have better eyes. or try searching google and look for a pic of aptasia..and see if they look similar.

Yeah it kind of looks like that but not as big. I know camera stinks..

It's just not close enough. Maybe if you could move the rock closer to the glass and set your camera to close up, that may help.

Ill try that tommorow, I was going to get a peppermint shrimp today but LFS didnt have any that way I would know for sure if it was right?

Not always. Peppermint shrimp from what I'm told is hit and miss. Also, they only eat the tiny ones. If it is aptasia and the shrimp don't eat it, the best course of action would be something like Joe's Juice. I've also read about people using hot water injections, kalk, lemon juice, and a number of other remedies but I've never tried them so can't recommend one over the other.

Joes juice is best, although I have hed excellent succes in the past with hydrogen peroxide injections, but it is a pain and time-consuming.

Back
Top Bottom