Is this an anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emlee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently I've got a new nano tank. It's been cycling for about a month I'd say. We recently put in a cleaner crew because we had some brown algae start to grow and I wanted to get it all cleaned up. Well today while checking on the tank and seeing how the clean up crew was going I noticed a small what looks to be maybe a anemone? I'm not really sure. I did a google search but nothing really looked like this. So do any of you know what it may be?

img_3346724_0_1eaf82ea4f4c63abeb08a2a47227842b.jpg

*Circled it in red so you can see it better. It's got a red/dark red color.*

Looks like a lot of things. Can you take a picture without the blue light?

Hard to tell, but looks to be a majano anemone. A pest glass anemone that needs to be killed off with a product like aiptasia-x or injecting it with boiling lemon juice.

Hard to tell, but looks to be a majano anemone. A pest glass anemone that needs to be killed off with a product like aiptasia-x or injecting it with boiling lemon juice.

It showed up only for two days and is now gone.

oh it'll be back till you nuke it catching them early before they spread saves big head ach's later on ,
I myself like the hot white vinegar method seems to always knock them off the first time .

oh it'll be back till you nuke it catching them early before they spread saves big head ach's later on ,
I myself like the hot white vinegar method seems to always knock them off the first time .

You are so right. I was checking out my tank as I do multiple times a day and of course there it is popped up on a rock in the back. Can they move around? I'll try and get a picture of this one in the back because it is in more of a white light. Do I have to worry about it hurting fish or anemones?

My previous post disappeared... but here it is again. It re-appeared today in the back of my tank.

img_3348009_0_2838b0380a6b45d92aa0a99a7ffed777.png

Start blasting them, they will spread like wildfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom