is this bad?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello today when i got home from work i sat infront of my aquarium to see if everything was fine like i usually do. and i saw this thing on the back of a rock and it kind of looks like an anemone but im not sure if its i took a few pics do to place its located at it might not be the best pic ever, is this bad, good, neutral, and if its bad how do i get rid of it??????????????

just keep a eye on it, it looks like aptisa or the other thing what im thinking but cant rember the name, if it is aptisa peppermint shrimp might sort it out for u, some peppermint shrimp do but then some dont, or inject it.

in england i can get hold of this stuff called Aiptasia control heres the link so u know what u r looking for Aiptasia Control :: Marine :: Aquariums, Tropical Fish, Marine Fish, Pond Pumps and Aquatics.

it has worked for me to get rid of mine and i know it looks like aptasia to me, peppermint shrimp has worked for me also if i have any little 1s starting to grow they control them for me but they do say not all peppermint shrimp sort them out but mine have for me, all you do with the product is inject near it. i wouldnt know if peppermint shrimp would harm it never heard of them have tbh.

thanks!!!! ill look for some of it at my lfs, somebody told me that i cant have shrimp with my purple pseudo because he will eat the is it true????????

They can take over quickly. I had a couple on one rock and then in about a week they were on several rocks, that is when I got my peppermint shrimp. In a couple of days all but one was gone, they didn't bother it much just sort of picked at it. They would let it get so big then eat at it and then let it grow again. I took that one out myself.

Mine was on a rock I took the rock out, and burned it with a lighter. Rinsed off the rock with water from my tank. I really didn't see any need for any chemicals. Some people have had good luck with lemon juice for just a couple they inject it with a needle.

It is only the area where the apitasia is that you're going to burn so it is only a very small area.

yes i heard that way to burn it off also, peppermint shrimp i got did pick at it but did sort mine out for me

Search this site for apitasia... you'll find more than a few detailed instructions on how to deal with it. Both commercial and DYI

Back
Top Bottom