Is this harmful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissaann0617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased this live rock. Underneath the arch there is a brown substance forming. It is organized, doesn't look like just dirt. Can anyone tell me if this is harmful or not? Tank is still cycling...

Attachments

• image-3715554732.jpg
    image-3715554732.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image-1938326938.jpg
    image-1938326938.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 119
It's diatoms from your cycle. It will clear up once the tank is done cycling, at this point that is a good thing, it means that things are progressing as they should be.

It's not on the rock, it's under the rock she said on the sand. It's hard to tell from the pictures. What did you start the cycle with, was the rock the first thing you added? As Luna said it is key to know if the rock was cured when you put it in the tank.

lol, I'm lost, I don't know if she meant under the arc on the substrate or under the rock that forms the arc. I can't tell anything from the pics.

I think they meant under the arch of the rock, but still on it. :) well they aren't answering so it doesn't matter :)

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry!! It's on the rock itself, under where the rock arches. It's hard to get a good picture because of it's location. Yes, the rock was cured, atleast that's what lfs said.

hmm, not quite sure, definitely would like to know myself.

and is that a bubble stone in there? if so you should get it out, it'll just make a mess with salt creep

Back
Top Bottom