Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lobstercrazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My recrdia has a tongue looking thing comin out. He also is shriveled up and got real small.

Attachments

• image-3943711746.jpg
    image-3943711746.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 113
Mine is doing the same thing. It detached itself from its little rock fragment and fell to the bottom of my tank. I popped it back up to its original spot last week and it did ok for a couple of days, but now it has started to shrivel up. Fingers crossed its going to survive.

Waiting for others to chime in...

PS. Is it sick or perhaps could it be preparing to split into two? Am I being overly optimistic...?

Changy

It is stressed. Either by not enough light or parameter issues, which could be cuased by a buildup of uneaten food and poop in the crushed coral substrate. Ricordeas and mushrooms have the ability to detach themselves and flow through the water column to find a better spot where they can be successful.

Some more information about the tank would help us help you and your ricordea, specifically current parameters, size of tank, and current lighting.

Mine is doing great it let out what looked like Waste. It is doing great now

Mine is doing the same thing. It detached itself from its little rock fragment and fell to the bottom of my tank. I popped it back up to its original spot last week and it did ok for a couple of days, but now it has started to shrivel up. Fingers crossed its going to survive.

Waiting for others to chime in...

PS. Is it sick or perhaps could it be preparing to split into two? Am I being overly optimistic...?

Changy

If it detached it's not happy with where it was. Try a different place in the aquarium. What are your parameters / lighting?

Thanks to all, but I don't want to hijack the original post unless the same advice applies...

(For the curious, my water parameters are all ok, and the coral in question sits next to two others that are flourishing)

Back
Top Bottom