I've got a few more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Txcachem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a few things I need help identifying. They all came on rock that was given to us. If you know what they are can you also tell me if they are good or bad. The last picture is a rock with white circles all over it. They look like curled up worms. I'm not even sure it is liverock. Any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• image-1835138552.jpg
    image-1835138552.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1849328996.jpg
    image-1849328996.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image-1240315101.jpg
    image-1240315101.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3855751752.jpg
    image-3855751752.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 130
all are good or harmless. the first picture however, is debatable. while many people buy kenya tree and put it in their tanks, it's a soft coral that grows like a weed. it's quite invasive.

the second is a frogspawn. the third is commonly called a Q-tip sponge, and the last are spirorbid worms.

Thank you so much. It is so great to know the names of some of these. I had no idea this would be so much fun.

all are good or harmless. the first picture however, is debatable. while many people buy kenya tree and put it in their tanks, it's a soft coral that grows like a weed. it's quite invasive.

the second is a frogspawn. the third is commonly called a Q-tip sponge, and the last are spirorbid worms.

I hear you on the Kenya Tree. Its a shame that LFS sell these. I would feel guilty selling it. I just pulled a couple bushes a little smaller than bowling balls with trunks as thick as baseball bats out of my tank and tossed them into the woods. Tons of "drops" all over the tank still though.

i hate to kill it...i just toss it in the sump. it still lives, under the cf energy saver bulbs..

I would have thrown some in my sump but I don't have a fuge as I have a converted wet/dry.

I ran a little project and tossed a handful into a food container and put it out on my deck this past fall. I used some water change water. Believe it or not, it stayed open, even after freezing and thawing as winter set in. I tell you....it's close to impossible to kill those.

Back
Top Bottom