Leather and fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
This is the Leather I recently bought.

Does it have a name, it was mistakenly labeled as a long polyp Leather. It wasn't a green Toadstool Leather. It is mostly cream/white. This is the extent of the extension on the polyps. Is it just a white Toadstool Leather? I can't find any info.
60074-albums14227-picture68389.jpg

This fish was at the lfs and unnamed - anyone know what it is? It is the green leaf looking Thing.

60074-albums13946-picture68388.jpg

Looks like a bleached out toadstool. And the fish is a matted filefish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not good... Really? It is opening and closing every day, so seems like it is active...really, so I should take it back for a different one, and it isn't just cream colored. It doesn't have any color and it is still pliable and leather-y...? not an albino kind, lol? bummer.

Good to know, it was a very interesting fish to watch and pretty but not good if it wants to eat corals.

It may be a yellow that got stressed out, or it got hit with more light than it wanted, but it's a real hardy coral so it'll color back up for you I bet. In general white isn't a color that corals come in, and it usually means w stressed/unhealthy specimen, but as long as yours keeps opening up and acting like a normal toadstool I wouldn't worry.

Yeah, file fish are awesome, but I like my coral more :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom