Leather anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantareadio

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you know what kind this is? Also why are parts white and parts dull? How do I know if he's healthy? I squirted a capful of green liquid on him today but I don't know if he took it or not...

Attachments

• image-1274449919.jpg
    image-1274449919.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 99
Cantareadio said:
Do you know what kind this is? Also why are parts white and parts dull? How do I know if he's healthy? I squirted a capful of green liquid on him today but I don't know if he took it or not...

I believe its just a reg long tentacle anemone. Maybe ur light isn't strong enough or ur parameters are a little off. I had a friend and his turned dark brown . I had one it stayed bright white, but ate my cleaner shrimp and coral beauty.so i got rid of it. I would feed him something solid like a little piece of frozen shrimp or something along that line.

Actually, condys can host it just isn't seen often. They are more likely to do it with maroon clownfish from some of the things i've read. No clue why though.

It's very rare for a condy to host clownfish. Condy's come from the Atlantic Ocean where there are no clownfish.

Wow, the store just tells me whatever will sell their parasite infested stuff =\

lfs

Wow, the store just tells me whatever will sell their parasite infested stuff =\

I dont trust what a lot of lfs say. Always research what u want b4 u buy. A lot of people have.smart phones now. If u see something u like take a little time and Google it on the spot. That's whT I do saves the hassle of buying something u don't need or is not good for ur tank Setup

Yeah :(
Gotta make better, more informed decisions/purchases, you're right

ccCapt said:
It's very rare for a condy to host clownfish. Condy's come from the Atlantic Ocean where there are no clownfish.

I agree... Condy's aren't know for hosting Clowns. I had a set of clowns and they never, never even got close to it. At the same time, i had a bad red algae problem and they fell in love with that. Once my Condy died, i vowed to never get another. The next time, near future, i will get a Bubbletip... Those are better host.
The pet stores will sell u anything to make a dollar.

Back
Top Bottom