limpet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should add, a note of caution. There is tons of info out there on keyhole limpets (which is what I think you have). Some say they eat coralline algae and they have been known to take a liking to your soft corals. This has not been my experience though. I love em.

I have at least three and have been watching closely for concerns with coralline. I have watched it spread and see no problems of it receeding. I have only seen a limpet on the coralline once.

If you let it grow large enough they are also known to eat they're owners.....

If you let it grow large enough they are also known to eat they're owners.....

I have one that has amazed me. It has doubled in size in the past 2 or so months. Eats everything, burrows down in the sand, and really just amazes me. They are cool lil things.

It is indeed. Watch it closely. I found one parked over an xenia, wel, where an xenia used to be.

haha lando ill try to avoid being eaten! although i just got home from pittsburgh, i was so excited that i had tickets to the game, and we got "eaten" there so.... i guess anythings possible :wink:

Back
Top Bottom