Little black egg sacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the4ous

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, "i have a quick q. i just noticed i have a lot of very small shrimp in my sw tank. they came out of this little black egg sack that looks like a ball about the size of a dime . just wondering if anyone knew what kind of shrimp they are. The only shrimp i have had in my tank were pepermint shrimp.:confused:

If you are talking about the "ball" you posted a pic of in your other thread that is not an egg sack. It is bubble algae.

Do the shrimp look like this?

mysid.jpg

thanks, you guys have already helped me on a diffrent thread and i took care of the problem. i posted this before i found the right forum to post in. and again thanks everyone

i think they will if they get bigger right now they are very small. its really hard to tell what they look like butt.... they r only on my filters no where else in the tank. they stay curled up all the time.

Do they swim or walk around?

If they swim around then they are probably the pic I posted above, mysis shrimp. If they crawl around then they are either:
Amphipods
amphipod.jpg

or Isopods
cirolanid.jpg

Do either of these look more like what you are seeing in your tank?​

I just found a couple amphipods in my filter. Are they good or bad? I never noticed them before.

Back
Top Bottom