Little round white things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonessurf

Aquarium Advice Activist
These little round white snail looking things appeared in my tank, coincidentally, like 2 or 3 weeks after adding my first few nerite snails. They look pretty flat. And I never had them before. I added nothing to the tank but the snails but I thought they were hard to breed.

Attachments

• image-344998033.jpg
    image-344998033.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 163
Those are eggs. They usually don't survive in our tanks for one reason or another. They can be a PITA to get off the glass but they do come off. Nerite snails do like to take a trip out of the tank make sure you keep your tank covered or you will be playing hide and seek with a snail.

They are neither. They move around. I know what tube worms are, and they look like a snail, or a chiton or something.

I don't know. They are smooth. Should this be a cause for concern? I just put 150 bucks worth of acans and chalice and montipora in there last night, along with my acro and frogspawn and polyps and so on.

whatever these things are (and at this point i'm thinking harmless limpets), they are probably not sps and lps predators, because you are not seeing them on lps and sps.
when you get something like red bugs or acropora eating flatworms, you see them on the acropora, not cruising the tank.

Alright. So I'm not worried. They'll just add to my clean up crew. But is it possible to be nerite snails? I'm just gonna have to wait til they get bigger.

no. not unless you like them. i personally think there are many fairy wrasses that look 100 times better and are about the same price. i don't know what the fascination is with them. what did you want a wrasse for anyway? to eat the limpets? if so, there is no need to kill them off. they are good guys.

I have also found a snail-like bug thing in my ten gallon tank and I don't even have snails. Can someone explain?

I have maybe hundreds of these white things on my tank and glass and back wall, but I don't really notice them on my lr

Back
Top Bottom