Little translucent worms... ID please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi AA,

Can anyone help me ID this little worm? It hitchhiker on a coral frag, and has some proportionally long antenna along with many short legs. It retreats every time I get near it with a turkey baster. Is it reef safe? Thanks for your help!

Update: Darn! When I tried to slightly move a rock so I could get a picture of it, it scuttled away under the LR. From what I could tell, it was pretty short (not long like a centipede), kind of like a silverfish in how it moved. It is light silver and brown, and is kind of like a flattish tube. Do these details help? As soon as I see him I'll get a pic, if I do see him.

It sounds like bristleworms. Their color can vary but they're generally pinkish-brown. They're not harmful unless they get large. Look up pictures and see if it seems to match.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It sounds like bristleworms. Their color can vary but they're generally pinkish-brown. They're not harmful unless they get large. Look up pictures and see if it seems to match.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it isn't a bristleworm -- I have a couple of those that look quite different. I couldn't find any pics online that match what i saw, but maybe it is just a juvenile specimen... I'll keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom