Live Rock Hitchhiker ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisJackie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got this little critter on some live Rock I just purchased. Green and white short tentacles. I think its some type of anemone but I'm not sure? Can someone ID this Hitchhicker for me?

Thanks in Advance

Chris

ufo.jpg

The tentacles are very short and pointy, and they are only on the outer edge. Just a clear membrane in the center. When fully open its about the size of a quarter, and will shrink at time to about the size of a dime. It will attach and eat frozen the Plankton that I give to my other anemones...

Chris

Got this little critter on some live Rock I just purchased. Green and white short tentacles. The tentacles are very short and pointy, and they are only on the outer edge. Just a clear membrane in the center. When fully open its about the size of a quarter, and will shrink at times to about the size of a dime. It will attach and eat frozen the Plankton that I give to my other anemones...

I think its some type of anemone but I'm not sure? Can someone ID this Hitchhicker for me?

Thanks in Advance

Chris

ufo.jpg

Its kinda hard to see but I'm sure someone will recognize it.

(going to move this to the Identification Forum)

Not sure then. It looks like it could be a type of turtle grass or crab anemone (Calliactis sp). Might just have to wait for it to get a bit larger :?:

Where did the rock originate from?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom