Long string in tank..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alink708

Aquarium Advice Activist
Coming out of the LR there are 2 long strings..look like a long hair,maybe 4-5 inches long. They stick striaght up and just wave there collecting stuff from the water column... I can see little particles that get stuck to it....after about 20-30 minutes they retract back into the rock. Anyone know what these could be?

yea there are a bunch right in the same area small tubes with 2 small strings coming out. So far I have only noticed 2 of the long ones, 1 individual long string each. From what im reading now it seems they are a pest....

I've read that they're fine unless too close to corals. Though I bought a piece of LR covered in zoas with some vermitid snail tubes right next to some of the polyps and they seem fine.

They dont seem to bother anything at the moment, what I read says they are a pest just because they can over run the tank...I might try and pick a few of them out with tweezers. Just noticed your a baller, what kind of marker are you runnin with?

Yea they spread pretty quickly. I just let them go unless I see a problem then you can just break the little tube.

I'm currently using a dm8 with nothing stock on it lol. This spring I'm gonna pick up a nt11. You play?

Been playin since tippman was the top of the line lol. Those new Dyes are sick!
I run old school with a twist... heres my baby, micromag r/t lv10 with a sleeper Pnue mod. I have an ion i bought when they first came out also...sunk 800 extra into it and a rarely even use the thing!

Attachments

• S5030792.jpg
    S5030792.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 74
alink708 said:
Been playin since tippman was the top of the line lol. Those new Dyes are sick!
I run old school with a twist... heres my baby, micromag r/t lv10 with a sleeper Pnue mod. I have an ion i bought when they first came out also...sunk 800 extra into it and a rarely even use the thing!

Niice, yea I can't wait to get the NT. Shot one at practice one day and it was over from there lol.

Ran out and snapped a quick pic of my current baby lol. Had to bring it to work to clean it on my lunch break, playing tomorrow morning and I work nights.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111202_171110.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111202_171110.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom