look at the size of that thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got some live rock with a very large bristle worm. about 5in long by 1 in wide. will it hurt anything in my reef tank? i did see it eat some aips :D

heres a pic

well i had one that was a good size and i found him eating my zoo. he was quickly removed from the tank and put in the sump.

he hasnt touched any zoos yet, but i just wassn't sure if he could be a danger. i'll keep an eye on him.

thanks

mark

You can hand feed them. Put some frozen food on the end of a stick. You'll be amazed at the size of the food pieces they can eat! Their head kind of splits down the middle and expands 3x to fit over the food.

I've learned a bit about these guys of late. Certain of them can be damaging to corals. You'll catch them in the act because they have to attach themselves to the coral for quite a period in order to "eat" it. (it's more like sucking it to death).

The harmless ones tend to be longer, thinner and stay in one place. The harmful ones tend to look larger, thicker, have bushier white tufts and freely roam all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom