LR white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can someone tell me what is happening ? The LR has like white spots on top or bottom end. It looks bleached.

Is this a bad thing?

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

Attachments

• image-358471032.jpg
    image-358471032.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3694086062.jpg
    image-3694086062.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 48
thominil said:
If this was just added it is more than likely just the normal dieoff and/or bleached coraline algae. With time, it will all come back. Hope this helps.

That's the problem I think .. It wasnt just added... It was there all along. .. It kinda had the white spots just that is seems to b bigger.. More noticeable..

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

Well the first pic is explainable sice the area seems shaded, and in my tank, with the shaded areas you could always see bare rock with no algae cover at all. The second pic an area seems shaded too, but that may just be glare on the rest of the rock. With all honesty, with a stocked tank, as long as the livestock itself is fine, algae cycles would be the least of my concerns.

thominil said:
Well the first pic is explainable sice the area seems shaded, and in my tank, with the shaded areas you could always see bare rock with no algae cover at all. The second pic an area seems shaded too, but that may just be glare on the rest of the rock. With all honesty, with a stocked tank, as long as the livestock itself is fine, algae cycles would be the least of my concerns.

Ok cool.. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom