Macro IDs and one other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have this kelp growing like a weed, my Yellow Tang won't touch it. Other than an urchin, what will eat it. Some ar now 1 1/2 ft tall.

Attachments

• feb_002.jpg
    feb_002.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 93
other

I thought these were some sort of fecal matter, but they are growing and multiplying (center of pic). They start off white, then get light green towards tip. I don't know if the green is algae or pigment. I will try to get a better pic as well.

Attachments

• feb_006.jpg
    feb_006.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 164
Caterpillar Weed? yet another thing I have never heard of. Do they multiply very quickly? I have alot of macros growing already, 10+ species in tank that I know of.

Thanks Fluff :wink:

Found another I have in tank as well. Awesome link!!
Kudos to ya!

Sargassum polyphyllum

Found in wave swept benches, tidepools and on reef flats, and occasionally deeper depths. Many brown blades with a midrib, and when present gas bladders with leaf like stalks. This species is usually intermediate in size between the other two species and is often covered with epiphytes (other small species of seaweed) giving it a fuzzy appearance. Stems show short spiny projections and grow 5-40cm tall with blades .5-1cm wide.

Attachments

• kelp.jpg
    kelp.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 220
You know, I never even thought to look for your other one in that link. LOL Glad it was helpful. :D

OK Fluff, feelin Lucky?
Here's one that has baffled the best of them. Now about the size of a softball, deffinately organic, no mouth, no polyps, does not retract or expand and is not slimy. Who am I?

Attachments

• feb_005.jpg
    feb_005.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 80
Well, I do have some of this as well, but not the one in question. The one I'm looking for is like a head of lettuce opened up. But not cabbage coral.

Thanks for trying. You've nailed three anyways. Not too bad I must say. :wink:

got bait? said:
OK Fluff, feelin Lucky?
Here's one that has baffled the best of them. Now about the size of a softball, deffinately organic, no mouth, no polyps, does not retract or expand and is not slimy. Who am I?
Sargassum echinocarpum possibley.

Description: Golden to dark brown holly-leaf like blades with mid rib and flattened stems.
Size: 5-70cm tall with blades at 0.3-2cm wide

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom