Mini stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a baby brittle star fish. Some aren't reef safe. Look up LiveAquaria.com they have a list of brittle star fish that are and aren't reef safe.

Thanks for the info, just checked the site and they seem to be reef safe,
However, after lights out I do have something munching on my Xenia

I have one its HUGE now. Looks creepy lol. It's a dark orange or reddish color. I called LiveAquaria and they told me it was reef safe. They actually sell that one for about 15 bucks.

Those little hitch brittle stars are not the same as the big ones we see in pet stores. Those small ones are beneficial and good little scavengers, which will never get much bigger than you see them now. The only brittle star I would worry about is the green one. This is a known fish eater.

Those little hitch brittle stars are not the same as the big ones we see in pet stores. Those small ones are beneficial and good little scavengers, which will never get much bigger than you see them now. The only brittle star I would worry about is the green one. This is a known fish eater.

That's good to know.

Thanks for that, mine are staying put.

I do have asterina star too (loads) are they the bad guys as far as coral is concerned?

Well, that's hard to answer. Some say that certain ones are and others aren't. I say that they can be fine for years and then suddenly get a taste for coral. They are easy to eradicate though, if they get out of hand. All you need is a single Harlequin shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom