Mushroom??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you guys are right. I searched some pics and found one that seems to fit. The small translucent sacs that show up on mine made me wonder if it was a mushroom or not but they seem to match the descriptions. I see that they like low flow. Well, my rock is stacked nicele but this guy is in the most turbulent area of the whole tank. It's on a large rock and moving the rock isn't really gonna be easy to accomplish.

Any way to safely move it without breaking the rock off? I'd really like to utilize the perch he's on for an anemone in the future. It would be a perfect place.

Here's the pic I found that resembles mine...

rhodactis.jpg

I turned down my heater tonight and touched the "thing" ...All soft tissue and its loose on all sides. I'd say rhodactis is the right ID!! Thanks for all your help.

-Jeff

If you want faster growth try feeding mysis, krill, or other small (minced) meaty items once weekly. To feed just place the food within the tentacles and it should grab hold and begin to fold up/consume :)

Back
Top Bottom