My bubble tips are gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbaier

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a mantis shrimp... the only thing left in our tank because of him is the urchins and only 3 fish, somehow one of our fish is gone and was perfectly healthy when i went to bed.

The biggest fear i have is that i'll have to get rid of the shrimp, does anyone know if he could eat the anenome's? and if he could possibly sneak up on a fish???

i just looked up pictures and it's definetly a coral banded shrimp. The strange thing is that there is nothing at all left in the tank from the anenomes or our other false perc clown fish that is missing.

your anenomes may have just relocated for awhile they can get into the oddest places we even had one go through the slats at the top of the over flow keep looking and good luck.

i've lifted every rock and looked in every crevise and both are missing along with my clown fish, do you think the coral banded shrimp would be able to eat them?

i do not know about the coral banded just a guess would think the bt would have to be on the way out to get eaten but that is a guess and not experience hope someone that knows more can help you.

I think cbs are pretty much fish safe. Have you looked on the carpet behind your tank for your clown?

My coral banded are not aggressive at all. I doubt they ate anything. :wink:

PS. Even large anemones can shrink down very small, and hide real good. Sometimes they will get on the underside of a rock, and when you lift it, it just comes along for the ride, and you never see it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom