My mushroom has something growing under it and I have no idea what it is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mushroom has something growing under it and I have no idea what it is 0_o Any ideas ? Could my mushroom have reproduced on its own ?

Attachments

• image-626054966.jpg
    image-626054966.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1078435286.jpg
    image-1078435286.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image-2223973413.jpg
    image-2223973413.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 148
00youknowit00 said:
Could be wrong, looks like a baby mushroom. They do spread on their own.

I hope you not , that was my initial idea , I hope so ^_^ I'll be vry happy if my mushroom is a momma/poppa to be

Newfiereefer said:
I hope you not , that was my initial idea , I hope so ^_^ I'll be vry happy if my mushroom is a momma/poppa to be

Just give it a little while. It probably is, it'll start looking more like a mushroom soon:)

Schism said:
Yep looks like a baby shroom;)

Lol on a side note Schism do you play SC2 caus there is someone with the same battlenet tag :-/

Yup it's a baby. Mine shroom so far has had three and a fourth is separating from mama now. It's neat how they reproduce. :)

Attachments

• image-3448168526.jpg
    image-3448168526.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 139
Crystal A said:
Yup it's a baby. Mine shroom so far has had three and a fourth is separating from mama now. It's neat how they reproduce. :)

Is yours growing from the same mushroom it growing under the " parent " ?

So I'm guessing this is a sign of stable water parameters , reproducing coral ^_^ , my Zoa's have grown about a dozen of more new heads since I got it. And my sun coral grew about 4-6 new ployps. Who knows soon maybe I can try some sps ^_^

It started under the parent but as mom moved and the baby separated it's more like beside it. The other two are way behind it now. Mama is always leaving pieces of herself behind! Lol

Newfiereefer said:
Lol on a side note Schism do you play SC2 caus there is someone with the same battlenet tag :-/

Lol no i dont but if my computer was good enough i probably would lol.

Is there a way to speed up the reproducing process of mushrooms? Ive had a green striped one for a few months with no luck!

armyman16 said:
Is there a way to speed up the reproducing process of mushrooms? Ive had a green striped one for a few months with no luck!

You can cut them up if you really wanted to. However with proper stable parameters they will split on their own. Some take awhile in the tank before they will start splitting. I know i had on that took about 6 months for the first split but after that it seems likely nearly a weekly thing.

Pretty sure you can slice them up into pieces and they will grow from each piece. Check youtube for fragging mushrooms.

Put a piece of rock or something above the shroom, not ontop of it. The purpose is to shade it and not squish it, this will cause the shroom to "move" it will leave a small piece behind in the process which will result in a new mushroom. Often they just move over but there is a chance it may drop off the rock completely in which case you just glue it back onto the rock and remove the "shade" rock. Voila two mushrooms with no cutting. This process may take a while like a week or more, if you want faster results just cut some small pieces off and glue them on beside the parent shroom.

kdpuffer said:
Put a piece of rock or something above the shroom, not ontop of it. The purpose is to shade it and not squish it, this will cause the shroom to "move" it will leave a small piece behind in the process which will result in a new mushroom. Often they just move over but there is a chance it may drop off the rock completely in which case you just glue it back onto the rock and remove the "shade" rock. Voila two mushrooms with no cutting. This process may take a while like a week or more, if you want faster results just cut some small pieces off and glue them on beside the parent shroom.

That is a awesome idea :) ! I have one just in a bit if a shaded area now hope he decided to move /split/reproduce , lil sucker stretched for the light

Back
Top Bottom